Putting You in Control…
Our approach to asset management has been specifically designed to put you in the position to proactively manage reduce the risks while managing the performance improvement and cost optimisation activities associate with your assets.
More importantly, because it is based on the ISO 55000 standards, our 7 Elements approach takes you from consultation to results by focusing on: asset context, leadership, planning, support, operation, performance, and improvement.
And, as the first engineering consultancy to win certification for ISO 55000 practice, you can be sure that you are in safe hands right from the start.
LeadershipAs leaders and senior managers in your organisation, you need to address and meet the asset management objectives tied to your organisation’s strategy. It is not just about ensuring that you can provide all the essential resources for the asset management function, but also critical to helping you act as dedicated champions within your business.
PlanningEvery organisation can benefit from a strategic asset management plan that is based on organisational objectives and implemented through good asset management policy. Additionally, implementing asset management systems can help to efficiently manage asset management information. This often involves taking a tiered approach to planning, something that we have a lot of experience in at Royal Haskoning.
SupportManaging assets also requires support from many parts of the organisation including corporate finance, human resources and communications. This is key to creating optimal alignment with exisiting management systems and decision making processes. Having the right support in place can help in defining:
- The resources for meeting your asset management objectivesthe information requirements to support
- The assets, their management and management system
- The need for internal and external communications for asset management activities
OperationsThe asset management function should enable the direction, implementation and control of all asset management activities, including those that have been outsourced. Royal HaskoningDHV can support you in meeting many of the requirements that support your operations including:
- Planning, implemention and control of the processes
- Identifying the changes and risks which impact achievement of asset management objectives
- Monitoring the performance of in-house and outsource asset management activities
EvaluationThe leadership of organisations have astrategic role to play in the monitoring and review of asset performance. These teams need to have a good understanding of asset management practices and management systems. At Royal HaskoningDHV, we can help these teams to:
- Determining the assets to be monitored
- Plan, establish, implement and maintain audit programs
- Review asset management function for continued suitability, adequacy and effectiveness
ImprovementAsset management teams and departments must also pro-actively promote continual improvements to ensure that the results of performance evaluations do help to minimise any adverse effects on the organisation or its stakeholders.
ContextWhatever the assets within your portfolio or under management, the operating context will always determine the organisation’s ability to unlock value in its assets. Thorough understanding of the context is not only crucial but can benefit organisations by determining:
- Internal and external issues relevant to the them which affect the ability to release value from assets
- The key stakeholders and their requirements relevant to asset management practices
- The boundaries, applicability and scope of the asset management function